The main of advantages social media is the ability to create and maintain relationships with customers. It is an invaluable tool for fashion brands to interact with their audience in a more personal way, promote new products and create a positive brand image.
Other great advantages are:
- Brand awareness: social media platforms are the perfect way for fashion brands to show their products to a wide audience and create a recognisable brand identity.
- Brand image: social media platforms enable fashion brands to create an attractive and personalised brand image that resonates with their customers.
- Customer engagement: social media is excellent for engaging customers and encouraging them to participate in challenges, take surveys or polls, ask questions, give feedback, and more.
- Customer service: they provide an easy and convenient way for customers to ask questions, report problems, and get answers quickly.
- Sales:social commerce allows users to buy directly from social media platforms. Fashion brands can use social platforms to promote special offers and discounts, which will undoubtedly attract more customers.
- Reviews and feedback: social media allows customers to leave reviews and feedback about products, which helps fashion brands to improve their services and make better decisions.
- Influencer marketing: brands can collaborate with influencers in order to create a unique message and reach a larger audience.
- Data analytics: social media platforms provide valuable data for fashion brands which helps them to know their customers better and adjust their strategies accordingly.
- Multichannel approach: social platforms is just a part of a digital marketing strategy which include other channels such as websites, blogs, emails, and apps. Moreover, each social platform has its own specificities, making them different channels to deliver different messages to different audiences.
Different social media for different messages
It is worth giving an overview of the characteristics of the main social platforms and how fashion brands can use them differently.
- Facebook: It can be used to create brand pages, post updates about products or services, run ads, run contests or giveaways, and ask questions. Brands can post texts, photos, videos, or links. Facebook allows businesses to target their ads by location, age, gender, interests, and more. Since this social platform has over 2 billion active users, it is perfect to reach a large target audience, but not younger generations (it’s ok for Millennials and Boomers!).
- Instagram: Fashion brands can post photos, stories, or videos to showcase their products and services. They can also use it as a platform to create social campaigns such as influencer marketing, product launches, and more. The typical Instagram user is between 25 and 34 years old, making it one of the social platforms with more young people.
- LinkedIn: It is a social platform for professionals. Fashion brands can use this social channel to share news or updates related to their industry, to increase their authority as well as to find partnerships, new clients, or new resources to be hired.
- Tik Tok: This social media platform focuses on creativity, fun, and entertainment, so fashion brands can use it to create entertaining content that resonates with their target audience. It is great for pushing sales among the youngest generations, especially Gen Z.
- Pinterest: This social media platform is perfect for fashion brands because it is a visual platform. Users can create boards and show their style, inspiring others to follow them. Fashion brands can use it to post images of their products, but also to showcase industry trends or influencer collaborations. It is great for generating traffic to blogs or e-commerce.